Saturday, October 15, 2005

I live in my father's house

Tell me a story I can remember forever

I live in my father's house
I live in the house of my father's memory
I live in the memory of my father's house

It is my duty
It is my love for him
That I tell his story and the lessons I have learned

A story of stories
For my son and daughter and their children
Perhaps at the right time
They will remember to do right
And they will be saved

My good fortune
Is the effort of my father's spirit to save me
And my bad fortune
Is my evil impulse

is that not the message of our religions? :D

Do you know the story of Sheharazad?

Once upon a time there was a great and powerful king, and everyday he
married a new and beautiful woman and after he had looked at her for 24
hours, and eaten 3 meals with her, and slept with her, he grew bored and
tired of her. So he had her killed and a new wife brought to him.

In his kingdom there lived a beautiful and wise girl named Sheharazad,
and when her family learned that despite their efforts to hide her, the
king would be marrying her the next day. As the king's soldiers took her
away in a beautiful palanquin, her family wept bitterly, ignoring
Sheharazad's pleas to remain calm and to wait for her, no matter how
impossible it might seem. Those words made her family all the more sad
knowing that she would be executed in the morning.

No comments: