Thursday, December 15, 2005

Tired like I had died a million times

Tired like I had died a million times
Not you
Not wilfred owen in 1917
Not horace in 39bc
Dulce et decorum est pro patria mori
Not that
Not iraq
Not afghanistan
Not somalia
Not the bright but bitter winter sun
Not the number of civilian dead
Not verhoeven's movie adaption heinlein's I-can-say-it-because-I-own-it
nazi starship troopers
Not orson scott card's retelling ender's game
Nor his re-retelling
It is sweet and right to die for one's country
Allah ahkbar
Men will not die for coin
Nor mothers sell their babes
But I will die for you
No
What prayers do I say
To prepare for self immolation

Joshua Paul
Neo Code Software
604 638 0668 ph, 604 638 0666 fx
#288 - 425 Carrall St., Vancouver, BC V6B 6E3, Canada
http://www.neocodesoftware.com/

No comments: