Tuesday, March 30, 2010

marines with pants down in the mall

two dreams

I am a space marine
in halo, storm trooper type gear
on alien world

dream one

my unit and I
find ourselves in a mall
under attack

some how we have no air support because no one is on the ship

some how we have no advanced warning because we posted no guards

some how we can't return fire because we are out of uniform and
weapons not ready

some how we are taking heavy fire because we haven't deployed battle
mechs

but how could we be in a mall that is filled with human females on an
alien planet?

there's a cosmetics counter over there

I am hit.

dream 2

armored unit with mobile artillery support.

i am in mobile artillery using computer enhanced vision

high speed light vehicles detected but no visuals

probable trajectories being computed

i select a combination of 4 kinds of rounds in my 2 pods to meet what
ever is coming of the hill

the light tracked vehicle appears out of nowhere comes over the hill
in the air

guidance systems locked I fire pod one

the enemy shudders as it races down the hill

a couple seconds later it explodes

later we have stopped for maintenance and I reload the pod magazines

No comments: