Wednesday, June 16, 2010

damask drum

I am in a wood

I am facing my greatest fear

my greatest weakness

I want to dedicate my life to art and create

and my fear is not that Art doesn't want me

my fear is that I have no art

I am a priest but I am not holy

I am a drum but I make no sound

I am a voice that can not be tuned

I am a poem that is not sublime

I am a lover that no one loves

I am rejected

and humiliated

a Salieri aware of Mozart

I have known you a long time

I am mistaken after all

I am afraid that Art will not want me

I have two choices

to hide like a dream deferred and continue to spoil my life and those I love

or I can accept what I may be, what I believe, and surrender to the mercy of the universe

I ask for a sign

i feel guilty - the dream, the damask drum, the feelings - you want more?

yes. please send more.

No comments: