Wednesday, September 21, 2005

The truth behind the iraq war

It wasn't WOMD
It wasn't revenge
It wasn't even for iraq reserves

Maybe

If I were an opec member
The only member with excess capacity
But with only 3 fields
As it happens
Interview lawyer who read all saudi enineers reports
3 major fields all on verge of collapse
Before they go for good
I would want to get the most per barrel
Until the last drop was gone
If I revealed the that the field was about to collapse, it would drive
the price higher but would panic my buyers but also get my buyers
looking for alternative suppliers
Instead if I could create a way to make the price without losing my
buyers confidence I would pay for that and buyers would calmly look for
alernatives
What could I do raise my oil prices?
Maybe I could hire a proxy to reduce a competitors production capacity
for a couple years to give me enough of a window to sell my remaining
oil?

No comments: