Wednesday, November 08, 2006

No more, all you need is here

A musical by joshua paul

(Darkness - a voice sings out)
No more
No more
Can I hide
No more
No more

I am
What I am
I am
What I am

We are
What we are
So we be

(Darkness)

(Light comes up backstage right - a prisoner chained into an electric
chair)

Prisoner begins to sing -
Some times I feel like a motherless child
A long long way from home
Some times I feel like I am almost gone
a long long way from home

(Fades to darkness - vivaldis 4 seasons begins to play - lights come up
front stage left - 1 madame and two goons face a young woman, behind him
her two kids are kneeling, hands behind their backs, with one goon with
two guns each pointed at the backs of their heads)
Taipan - we will keep your family safe, ms. Black, very safe. no harm
will come them. No harm will come your son. No harm will come your
daughter. No harm will come to them. Give us what we want ms black.
Everything will be fine.
Ms black sings the house of rising sun

(Fade to black - and the center lights come on - a family dinner table
is set, 4 chairs and a nuclear family explodes destroying the dining
room as they sing "sun rise sun set")
Parent sings the song, at the same time yelling at each other, at the
same time wrecking the table while children huddle under the table
Father - I am tired after working all day. When I get home I want some
respect
Mother - I work all day. What thanks do I get

(Fade to darkness - on the right and left side mirror scenes - a rich
man with shopping bags of food trades the food for "time" with one of a
poor families children - silently done with pointing, the rich man takes
the child away)
Child while holding rich mans hand sings while crying - swing low sweet
chariot

No comments: