Monday, September 11, 2006

Digital posters - confidence building needed

==What==
Digital posters
phase 1 - confidence building needed

==Why==
What could I have been thinking?

I almost talked myself into wearing the emperor's new clothes.

I don't need spec or scope until I have confidence that there is a
product - not just thread that only the wise can see.

We don't have a beta quality product - its barely an alpha.

I don't have confidence in it now - but I know how I can get it and
roughly how much it will cost.

==Where==
Where is confidence needed?

3 places:

1- quality - platform itself - is the code good enough?
I have heard grumblings
I want other developer feedback (brutal honesty) and qa

2- quantity - features - are the features right?
No - you want abstacts bundled - not enough on its own
I want more client feedback
I want it to stand on its own
What can we charge for different feature / development risk set

3- clients - 2 clients is not enough to justify the amount of investment
we are planning - and only 1 client (cns) from start to finish
I want to see 5 or 6 clients use it free and actually sign up to buy it
the next year or longer

==How==
Spend $8k to 24k over 6 months.

Q: What's the cheapest way to acquire confidence?
A: Buy 3 or 4 more clients by offering to do it for $6k or all the way
down to free (emailing your list of 300 names - 4 beta testers needed),
1 every 1 or 2 months, or until the time the confidence issues are
addressed - using offshore resources to make it cost effective (1/3
cost)

1- more implementations to gauge platform quality - developer / hosting
/ integration feedback

2- more clients to nail down required feature set

3- more clients to focus level of investment needed

==Questions==
What can you add?

What other things can we do?

What are my other options?

Why buy digital posters clients when I could buy a long list op
customers?

I plan to keep alex to prep server boxes to ship

Over these clients maxi / dragos / adrian can be trained

Joshua Paul
Neo Code Software
604 638 0668 ph, 604 638 0666 fx
#288 - 425 Carrall St., Vancouver, BC V6B 6E3, Canada
http://www.neocodesoftware.com/

No comments: