Monday, December 04, 2006

(Write it!) like disaster - I am alive

A roughly chronological list of my top 10 disasters

1. 6 or 7 generations ago in prussia - a minor noble, which strikes me
as vain, you duelled and cut off someones head and fled to america.

2. 5 generations go by, 3 generations ago my paternal grand fathers
parents divorce. 2 generations ago my maternal grand parents divorce.

3. 1 generation ago my parents flee the states to avoid the draft before
I am born.

4. My sister and I are born into poverty to 1st generation immigrants
with no community support. We eat pea soup and oatmeal and wear old
clothes.

5. They divorce after 8 years. Because my dad is beating up my mother.
And I don't remember - but the story my sister tells is that I would try
to get in between. But I am not that boy - he didn't make it. I don't
remember much. A corner store where a chinese man gives us chrysthemum
sugar tea powder.

6. Then my mom met my step dad. And I watched my dad beat him up too.
Naked. Knowlton Nash was on the national, in b&w on a little 13" tv that
sat on the floor in the basement suite in north van.

7. Then for 12 years or so he denies me approval, which I am always
seeking.

9. I am sexually molested by a friend while sleeping.

10. My dad dies in a plane crash on his way to work. He helps other
people out but they don't help him.

I am alive.

No comments: