Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Face the dark, leap into the well

Face the dark, leap into the well

My fear is lack of billing
That developers are not villing enoufh
That they are not working hard enough
That they are not meeting their quota
And we will not make payroll

My fear is not enough work
That our clients will stop giving us jobs
And that new clients will stop coming

I am afraid that budgets are wrong
And we have to put lots of unbilled time into the project

I am afraid that deadlines are missed
I am afraid that we've done the wrong thing and ignored the spec

Frank herbert comforts me
Frank writes to me and guides me

I will not fear
Fear is the mindkiller,
Fear is the little death
That brings total oblivion
I will permit my fear to pass
Over me and through me
And where it has gone
I will turn the inner eye
Nothing will be there
Only I will remain.

No comments: