Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Re: Peter jennings dead

> Dan rather on assignment in beirut says of peter jennings he was
> courageous, in the way that the author of a farewell to arms, ernest
> hemingway, defined courage as grace under fire.

A fever for the whole body
A dizziness
A slow random walk
Just one more task before I can sleep
A pain in the feet
A smoldering in the belly
A blockage in the bowels
And a small square sharp hot poker in the right testicle
Maybe one more trip and then I lie down
A whole body sweat - I can hear the spirit voices whisper
A fire when I pee - only a trickle
A million things to write - so insistment I must write - no matter - my
horse I will ride it
A mild headache across my brow
And pus in my throat
Have courage! trivial things all
Do not be bothered by them
One more task, just one more trip, one more set of stairs, then, then
you can lie down
But first you can do one more task
And then you can sing yourself a song
Tell yourself a story
Count every blessing
Do not ask yourself like you want to do - how long will it be till every
memory of you is gone
It is an instant
That is already gone

Postscript:
The iceman national geographic sept 1993 4000 years ago
Ripped from the ice his genitals broken
His hip destroyed by eager policemans jackhammer
His skin growing a fungus
His royal pure copper axe handled without proper respect for the
hundreds of hours required to make this one (the many failed attempts)

No comments: