Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Rangeun

Why am I in rangeun
I don't know

There are of course skyscrapers and slums

But in my dream the street people I meet
Under the bridge overpass
Are caucasian
Like the street people I see every day in the downtown east side
Except these people are disfigured and deformed

I haven't made accomodation plans
And the street I am on has 3 places to stay
All have signs pointing to the basement, where there is a "door" made of
corrugated iron covering a dark hole
These doors are smaller than half size doors
The upper building doors are bigger
Just the places to stay doors

I pick the one that has a ground level front desk
It is half height as well
And it is old and poor shape like everything on the block
There are two middle aged ladies behind the desk
The skinny one is in front of the opening that serves as a window

For some reason I try to ask how much rooms cost in spanish
She answers in english
As she leans forward
I look at the small swelling of her breasts
The cost is less than 10 cents a night

Next thing I know

I am watching Rangeun's king torture chamber
I believe he is taking me on a tour
He is dressed in privates fatigues but with the shirt buttons undone and
gleaming boots
He has shoulder length black hair with a wild mustache
He looks charming

The first cell
I watch from a camera inside the cell facing the door
The guards enter to prepare the captive
Ziploc ties across the eyes
Ziploc ties hands behind the back
And I don't see it but I assume ziploc ties around the knees

I see the captive is waiting on the tv
The king enters
The prisoner attacks with his head
I can't see anything

Next I see another captive already prepared
This one is bowed and kneeling
Is this one me?

We leave the cell and are standing in front of a cell door
And the king says to me this prisoner is on amphetamines just like me
Beyond the door is the jungle
Perhaps its inside, perhaps its outside with a fence
The king and I are running
The kings prisoner is a leopard
Staying ahead of it requires copying the king
Who is running on top of the fence with cat chasing us along the bottom

No comments: