Friday, November 30, 2007

What right have i

I call her names
She calls me names

I hurt her feelings
She hurts my feelings

I said squid
She says ochingo

Lets call the whole thing off


A regular friday night party
Doesn't end well
Everyone tired
Children unhappy to go home at 9.30pm

Earlier
I thought it funny
To compare me and her to our friends as characters from winnie-the-pooh
And not in a mean spirited way
But laughing and accepting who she is
I named her eyore, sad and gloomy and depressed
And then changing my mind
I named her rabbit, a busybody, always anxious and busy, poking her nose
in others business, who means well but isn't very nice

And may before that, or after that
A christmas tree
Her But plastic is better
Him No alive one is better
Her But you have to kill it
Him you mean like your favorite bacon?
Her but the mess the needles
Him why have kids? Just have an abortion

And then
Later
At home
The tears
The crying

How could I
Be so mean
And cruel
In front of friends, clinets, potential customers

Is it so wrong?
Yes
I want to uplift not putdown
I don't like being putdown anymore either

Not now

I have the right to argue
And discuss
And remonstrate her

I have asked her before to consider being kind, and loving and caring

But its not her nature

I ask her to go
More than once
I turn off the light

Until finally leaving
How could you - on my birthday

No comments: