Friday, November 09, 2007

Save the best for last

Save the best for last
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

I have run
And I have hid
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

I didn't want
To be caught
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

And find my dreams
Were all for naught
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

I'd rather keep my dreams
To myself
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

Then live them out
And use them fully
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

Never a slave to love
will I surrender
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

Never will I be defeated
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

A dream deferred
I will always be
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

A seed full of
Potentiality
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

Spending my precious days
On useless acts and wasted things
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

To afraid to really live
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

What is the path
To escape this prison
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

I have been stuck here
Way to long
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

The labyrinth has its hold on
But yet I can shake it free
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

Joseph campbell has whispered me
Follow your heart go be free
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

Kahlil gibran has whispered me
Follow your heart go be free

Serge kaheli king has whispered me
Follow your heart go be free
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

But still my feet are dragging me
My earthly hungers overwhelm me

Breathing deep I find release
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

The power within is called upon
To break the bond to break the spell
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

The future the future
The frightened self cries
How can we live?
So many will die
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

Its the material things
That chase my now
The sons the daughters
Food for all
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

I have to trust the voice inside
The voice that scares me
The voice that's wise

I will listen to the voice
Like for the very first time
And
Listen first to what it has to say
And
Believe that comes what may
Everything will be ok
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

And that I really do deserve love
And the best
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

What I am is good and great
No longer need to procrastinate
Do the things I want to do
And honour them because I want them
Hey nonny
Hey nonny

And give myself permission to
Give myself permission to
Hey nonny
Hey nonny
Nu

No comments: