Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Organism - my control panel

Patent?
Association?

Functions =
Synchronize
Hide / show
Export / Import
Encrypt / Decrypt
Mode = phone / pda / pc, Text / graphics

Site map =
My control panel
My letters
My hosting accounts
My money accounts
My mail accounts
My printers (with email to print enterprise)
My blogs and wikis
My forums
My classifieds
My shopping accounts
My social networking
My contacts
My calendars
My office apps
My photos
My music
My chat accounts
My search engines
My news

Tech specs =
sql? Ldap? Imap? Dns?
I like dns (scalable, Peer to peer, Sync, Auth, ttl, caching, multi
vendor, standards, old)
Dns is the internet 'registry'
Management interface exists - sauron
Hosting infrastructure exists
Query tools exist

Metaphor =
Apple ProDOS / Windows registry / java classes
Each person gets their own domain 26 ascii domain
- data managed here
- example - each app gets it own subdomain
-- app folder.app name.[parent folder]
Each person gets their own domain name server
- permissions managed here
- who can read, write what

Featues =
- place to keep everything
- aliases and multiple identities
- ratings on sites
- review on sites
- suggested sites
- safe - backup to desktop, backup to ftp
- secure - encryption on server, encryption on desktop

Financing hosting ditribution =
A future custmer of
Franchise Vm(ware) hosting akamai-like peer-to-peer
hotel/property-management-like network v2
Franchise
Owners own hardware
Management owns brand and manual and marketing
Rev share
Certify
Min investment


Future =
- auto sign up for new apps
- auto move data between apps
- passport
- single sign on
- scripts / bots
- schedules

No comments: